Dear Valued Patients,
We are very excited to announce that based on the guidelines of the CDC and the American Optometric Association, our practice will begin seeing patients this coming Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
Our new hours of operation for the very near future will be Wednesday’s, Friday’s and Saturday’s from 11:00 am – 6:30 pm. Patients will be seen on an appointment-only basis for the time being.
After going through challenging weeks, we appreciate your patience and understanding more than ever!
Our team is going beyond the expectations of healthcare facilities to ensure everyone’s safety. To achieve the highest level of protection, we are implementing new safety protocols, including regular UV-C sanitization between patients, social distancing, etc. Most notably:
- Our doctors & staff will wear face masks & will actively disinfect every room.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear face masks.
- All surfaces, including glasses that are touched in any manner, will be sanitized between patients.
- Appointment times are spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- No walk-ins will be allowed at this time.
- All patients will be required to have the OPTOMAP (Retinal Photography) at a reduced fee, to minimize patient contact.
- All patients will be required to fill out forms on our website: https://www.brazosvalleyeyecare.com/
- All patients will be required to sign a document stating the following:You have not been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, have traveled recently, or are feeling feverish.
- We will be screening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 has traveled recently or feeling feverish, will be rescheduled at least 14 days out.
- If you wish, your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- Come to your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision or require medical assistance. We will allow one caregiver inside with each patient.
- We have spaced out the waiting-room chairs accordingly, and every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- All instruments will be thoroughly sanitized between each patient.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum. Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.
- Intensive staff training to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy environment for all of our patients and staff has been implemented.
- We will be contacting patients who are currently on the schedule to confirm dates and times. We will do our best to reschedule canceled appointments and find available times in the upcoming weeks.
As always, feel free to contact our office with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely, Brazos Valley Eyecare